Join Us! Montana Fabrication Works is a fast-paced working environment. We are looking for talented and driven professionals who can not only add value to our team, but fit well into our practices. We have in-house certified welding inspectors and our shop is certified by the American Institute of Steel Construction for buildings, simple bridges, major bridges. We specialize in multiple markets from conveyor’s, specialized mining equipment to penstocks.
Full Time: Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Mechanical: Knowledge of bearings, conveyors, sprockets, power transmissions, chains, basic pneumatics/hydraulic systems and general knowledge of pump operations and rigging terminology/utilization.
- Electrical: Knowledge and understanding of Ohm’s law, series and parallel circuits, motor connections and power sources, ac/dc motors and transformers. Identifies electrical components and their functions.
- Welding/Cutting: Knowledge and utilization of PPE and safety for tasks, techniques, set up of equipment, basic gas cutting, proper grounding and equipment maintenance.
- Lubrication: Knowledge and purpose of lubrication as well as identifying best types of lubrication for situation.
- Adheres to all safety policies and company policies. Identifies and reports all hazards immediately.
- Perform preventative, proactive, corrective and periodic maintenance on high, medium and low Voltage Equipment, Water and Waste Water treatment, HVAC, Exhaust and Supply Fans, Doors, and other ancillary non production equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical equipment, and systems that involve circuits, relay logic, wiring, motors, servo drives, VFD’s, and using standard and specialized hand/power tools, such as a pipe threader, press, welder, cutting torch, and machining tool.
- Programming, troubleshooting, modifying, and/or repairing programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Ideal candidate must have strong mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic background.
- Candidate must be able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Some machining abilities desired.
- Forklifts, manlifts, overhead cranes (maintenance, repair and inspection, operational and maintenance).
- Cleanliness and housekeeping
- All other duties as requested.
This is a vital role in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title. The types of roles available require troubleshooting, ensuring proper maintenance and operational status of equipment, using a variety of hand tools to set up, break down, adjust or repair production machinery. Maintenance requires being able to read manuals written in English and the ability to write and document information. While performing the duties of Maintenance, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery surfaces; moving mechanical parts; fast paced warm/cool environment and be able to work at elevated heights when needed. Position requires standing the entire shift and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility.
The candidate must also have the ability to function both effectively and independently and as a member of a cross-functional team demonstrating teamwork and communication skills with a commitment to cooperation and collaboration among business functions.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read/write/speak English
- 5 years previous industrial experience, Previous industrial maintenance experience or equivalent schooling
- General Computer Skills
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems
- Able to understand schematics and installation/operation manuals
- Knowledge/Demonstrated skills in the following: Fabrication, Electrical Systems, Reliability, Equipment Troubleshooting, Plumbing, Mechanical Systems, Pneumatic Systems, & Process Flow / Maintenance Systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Excellent Benefits, including:
Paid time off
Disability insurance available